There will come a time in everyone’s life where they will start to consider getting a car or replacing an old one with a new one. And will have to decide what to do with their old car. Choosing to sell the vehicle on your own may at first sound like a daunting task but with the right help can be hassle-free. At Car Sold For Cash, that is our number one priority. Helping you find the right buyer or even taking the car off of your hands for cash on the spot. Here are some pointers that you should be aware of and remember when deciding how to go about selling your car.
How do you get the most out of your vehicle when selling?
When it comes to your vehicle, that car has most likely been there for you countless times. And likewise, you have probably taken care of it and invested your own money into it many times. When selling it you want to make sure your car is valued at the correct price so that you are getting the best offer there is out there for it. When preparing your vehicle to be sold you want to make sure that you are doing all that you can to help it retain its highest value. These are a couple of things you should be doing to prep your vehicle:
- Keep it clean. When it comes to a vehicle, most people are going to need to use it regularly and will probably spend a good amount of time in it. No one wants to be sitting in something that smells or has trash, stains, and a mess everywhere. To put it into perspective if you have two cars that are the same in every way, including mileage, but one is dirtier than the other, which one will probably be bought first? The cleaner one. Making sure that you keep up with the vacuuming, window cleaning, and car washing with your vehicle can really make all the difference when it comes to selling it.
- Give it curb appeal. Just like keeping the inside clean, the outside of the vehicle matters too. When someone is looking to buy a vehicle they generally want one that still looks like it is in relatively good condition if not new. Now, this doesn’t mean that every little dent and scratch needs to be taken care of. But do keep in mind that the more you fix it up and make it look presentable the more it can increase the overall value. For example, if you have a crack in the window, and your insurance will help pay to take care of that why not just get it out of the way. It could add more to the dollar amount that you are able to sell the vehicle for overall.
- Keep track of service records. This is one of the most important things you can do that can greatly benefit the sale of your vehicle. You want to be able to show that the car was taken care of and cared for probably and showing the different receipts and work that has been done on the car can help provide that assurance to potential buyers. So whenever you get the oil changed or have any other services done on your car, it is good to get in the habit of just keeping the receipts in a folder so that everything is already together come time to sell the car. If you even want to go above and beyond, printing off a current carfax report of your vehicle can also help assure the buyer that this is an honest purchase and that nothing is being hidden about the quality of the vehicle. You can click here to request a Carfax report on your vehicle.
- Determine what your car is worth. Starting off, it is pretty normal for everyone to have a price in mind that they want to sell their vehicle for. And as nice and as reasonable as it may sound at first, after thoroughly assessing your vehicle for different price points you could come to realize that your vehicle really is only worth less than that or in some cases even more. A good source of information regarding the value of a vehicle would be Kelley Blue Book. We can even come and assess your vehicle and provide you with a quote by clicking here.
- Create an ad that sells. When putting together the profile of the car you want to use in order to sell it, you want to make it as attractive as possible. With so many different car sales and ads always going on you want to give yours a reason to stand out and catch peoples’ attention. Photograph your car in a well-lit area that provides for clear pictures and non-distracting backgrounds.
When it comes to selling a vehicle the paperwork required can vary state by state but it should be relatively similar in most places. The two most common documents that you will need are the vehicle title and the bill of sale. Making sure that you have the title of the car is very important when you are considering selling the car. However, if you cannot find it do not worry, at Car Sold For Cash we can help you sell your car with or without the title. We specialize in make selling your car a smooth and hassle-free experience.
Selling your car may seem like a difficult task but it does not need to be. With our years of experience and car buying and selling expertise, we are an excellent resource to help you sell your care in no time! Please contact us today with any let us help you get cash for your car! For any other concerns or questions that you may have regarding preparing your vehicle and how to sell it for cash please visit our FAQs for more information!