When selling an old vehicle that no longer works or a junk car, you need to research your options. You shouldn’t assume that all places that buy junk cars are the same. Some places are pretty credible and strive to offer people like you a fair price for their junk vehicles, others may try to lowball you so they can maximize their profits. Just like with any type of transaction, researching your options beforehand can help you to achieve the most benefits. To prevent yourself from being taken advantage of, make sure you know who buys cars and offers the best price for them.
Know What Your Car is Worth
When it comes to selling junk cars, the goal is for you to get the most money you can. This may require you to shop around for junk car buyers. However, since your vehicle is a junk car, you shouldn’t expect bluebook value or prices for your vehicle. Instead, you need to learn how to appraise your vehicle like salvage yards do. God questions to ask yourself include:
- How common is your vehicle? If your junk car is a common one and it is less than 20 years old, chances are you’ll be able to receive top dollar for it because the demand for parts is higher.
- How much metal is on your car? Older vehicles have more parts that can be sold as scrap metal than many newer vehicles.
- Is your vehicle one that is scraped often? Vehicles that are junked more often have a lower junk car value.
- Are you willing to deliver your vehicle to the junk yard or do you need it to be picked up? You’re more likely to receive more money for your junk car if you can get it to the junk yard.
- Are there any missing or damaged parts? Junk cars are often used to source parts for other vehicles. If any parts are missing or damaged, it could lower the value of your vehicle.
No matter how much you value your vehicle at, you shouldn’t expect to receive more than $200- $400 for it. Since there may be other factors that come into play when selling your junk car for cash, you should always get a quote or ask for an appraisal for your junk car before selling it.
Cars Sold for Cash can help you to sell your junk vehicle. We accept cars in any condition and age, regardless if they are running or not so you can get the cash you need right away.